Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jan. 12th, 2011

On the 12th day of hospital stay his doctor brings to him...

A sweet pair of stockings to wear.

I was unable to visit today, but I just spoke with Eric on the phone. He was back in the chair and again, pretty worn out. He told me he was wearing some stockings for the fluids in his legs and feet. They are hoping this will help alleviate some of the swelling.

Other than that the doctors seem to be pleased with his numbers for today and will monitor his fluids for about 24 hours to make sure his kidneys are working properly.

I am only able to assume what Eric's legs look like with the stockings on; but no visit means no real photo. Thanks to the internet I was able to find some photos to help out with a visual. You can use your best judgment on which ones you think closely resemble his. :)





Have a great night!!

Kimberly

4 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. Thank you so much for the updates Kimberly, and PLEASE!! try to get good pics of his legs with the stockings. I'm sure we'll need future blackmail options. : ) We love you Eric!! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what kind of stockings you have, Eric! My first day as interning in nursing school provided the "opportunity" for me to put these on a young, handsome man in the hospital. Needless to say, I broke out into a sweat - partly for the workout it gives you and the other part embarrassment from putting hose on a man! I am sure he was holding back the laughter. Now, I can laugh about it and wonder what stories you have to tell us. I will be taking a group of teens to Carolina Bible Camp this weekend, but hope to visit you soon! Until then, Kimberly, thank you for the updates! Take it easy Eric and know that you are in our prayers! All our love, Becky and family and Mikey too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly I'm liking the humor. I'm thinking though when you're having your baby Eric might retaliate with photos of you. So be careful...
    Love you Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought his stocking probably looked more like the ones on top...what, am I wrong?? Just kidding. I visited Eric and saw those sassy little stockings myself. Now if we could just get some good pics of the back of his hospital gown... : ) Love you all

    ReplyDelete